It’s officially springtime, which means my heart is happy watching our garden beds come to life, and this spring I’m daydreaming about our favorite springtime weddings! Some of my favorite design elements are pulled from the natural floral and fauna of spring – the pastel blooms, the airy feeling, the garden cocktails….
Here are 7 favorite garden-inspired elements from past weddings and work just because we all need flowers sometimes, don’t we? 🙂
- Garden bouquets! Lush and oh-so fragrant, I had so much fun creating this bouquet and peppering in lavender, garden roses, and so many delicious elements
2. Garden-inspired place settings! I love a good napkin adornment like nobody’s business! For these petite posies we simply placed a sprig of blueberry foliage atop each place setting for instant garden magic.
3. Secret garden elements. Who doesn’t love stumbling upon a little pond filled with frogs and flowers? I won’t tell you that we staged this in an old dried up fountain – but it made for a pretty enchanting scene!
4. Garden arches are just made for dressing in layers of romantic flowers, don’t you think?
5. Floral stationery! Our love for beautiful stationery will always be! Grey & Cake creating this incredible botanical motif for a spring wedding that we carried through to day-of goodies like the bar front.
6. Luscious garden centerpieces carry a feeling of lightheartedness, don’t they? I think they’re my hallmark style – lush, loose, and just filled with so many layers of goodness
7. Garden cocktails! We certainly couldn’t mention a garden wedding without herb- or floral-infused cocktails! Delicious, refreshing, and the perfect way to carry the ambiance throughout
8. Garden party attire! Floral print frocks are always on point in the garden!
Photo by Kate Price
9. A feeling of complete comfort – something about garden weddings put guests at ease. And while some of our most formal black (or white) tie soirees have taken place in the garden, guests can feel right at home outdoors.
Photo by Kate Price
10. A perfect getaway- a classic car to whisk our happy couples away just seem like the perfect ending to a beautiful day. Just add garden flowers!
11. A carpet of flowers down the aisle – this aisle is a Top 10 Favorite of ours – we surprised our very sweet couple with the altar flowers and sprinkled the aisle with thousands of delicate petals! Pure magic!
Photo: Ryan Flynn Photography
12. Flower crowns – say what you will, but these have the perfect touch of whimsy I hope never goes out of style!
Daydreaming about garden weddings now….happy spring, friends!